Used primarily to measure single fibre PC and APC connectors, DORC’s fifth generation “ZX-1 micro PMS+” is the result of 24 years of hardware and software product development. DORC’s patented design is based on a variant of the Michelson configuration, and provides both 2D and 3D high resolution images of the sample under test in as little as 3 seconds, including auto-focus.
The ZX-1 micro PMS+ is a modular system allowing many different configurations and price points. Unlike our competitors, this allows customers on a budget to purchase a system that can grow with their needs/budget - and eventually upgraded to become the most advanced system we offer. The key to achieving this is that the “base design” is the same for all configurations. Competitors typically use a different base design on their low end/lower cost systems which means they can never become more advanced systems in the future.
The innovative design leaves nothing for the operator to do other than insert and remove connectors. Focus, centring and reference mirror calibration adjustments are all available fully automated – no user mechanical adjustments required! The system is very compact and controlled by a laptop computer (desktop or tablet PC's optional) using a single USB 2.0 or 3.0 interface cable. The fan-less, hermetically sealed design is vibration insensitive and impervious to ingress of dust and contamination - making the ZX-1 micro PMS+ feel equally at home in both production and field based applications.
- Measures single fibre connectors and fibre cleaves.
- Patented RFID interface allows instant apex offset calibration in a single measurement.
- Very small footprint – supplied by default with a laptop computer. Desktop and Tablet PC's available upon request.
- Modular design allows the system to grow with your needs and budget.
- Automatic reference mirror calibration – NO manual adjustments!!
- Automatic connector centring – NO manual adjustments!!
- Fast automatic focus, manual focus or BOTH!!
- Hermetically sealed optical module – a dusty production environment is no longer a problem.
- High resolution camera and optics – results in improved repeatability and reproducibility.
- Simple interface – just a single power cord and USB 3.0 port on the rear.
- No anti-vibration table required. Fan-less design removes any system induced vibration.
- Patented inspection mode and scratch analysis.
- Fast measurement <1 second (depending on model, excluding focus).
- “Auto Sense” technology, initiates a measurement automatically as soon as the connector is inserted.
- Simple operation centring, focus and initiating the scan itself can all be completely automatic.
- Calibration is held on the instrument itself, eliminating the need to keep the interferometer and PC as a matched pair.
- Software backup, calibration and an image of the PC itself (if supplied), are all stored on the instrument itself, in non-volatile memory – making lost disks, viruses, deleted files, corrupted Windows and PC failures easy to fix.
- System design lends itself to integration in automated production lines.
- Manufactured by a vendor that has sold more automated connector measuring interferometers than any other.
- Complete system ships in a single 16”x16”x20” box when configured with a laptop or tablet PC.
- 1 Year Warranty included.