Using the latest technology in precision optics, high-speed cameras, programming and display, Norland Products has developed the GL16 – AiO End Face Geometry Measurement Instrument. This instrument is designed as the ultimate tool for analysing the end face geometry of single and multi-fibre connectors, and includes support for recent industry developments such as 16 and 32 fibre MT product and Geometry Limit parameter.
The Norland GL16 system achieves accuracy, repeatability, reliability and ease of use that far exceeds the requirements of the industry for this type of quality control instrument.
Everything has been fully automated in this compact system. All electronics and software for calculation and control is contained within the instrument, so an external computer system is no longer required. With an internal Linux operating system, there is no need for constant updates or virus protection software resulting in a much more stable and reliable system. An Ethernet connection is provided for access to the system measurement data as well as for remote diagnosis and software updates. A USB 3.0 port allows for external mouse, keyboard or barcode scanner use. There are no operator adjustments necessary or knowledge of interferometry needed. NIST traceable standards provide confirmed calibration of magnification and tilt stage operation, insuring accuracy of all measurements. Our patented True Angle™ connector mounts with integral aperture plate and pins allow easy insertion of the connectors into the mount and provide for highest accuracy, specifically, of surface angle results.
- Fully automated interferometric system for analysing multi-fibre and single fibre connectors
- Non-contact closed-loop piezo Scanning White Light Interferometry (SWLI) measurement
- Compliant with Industry Specifications for measurement process and Pass/Fail determination
- Embedded computer system with Linux OS
- Browser-based application supporting local (via front panel 7” touch screen display) and remote (via Ethernet connection) operation
- High-resolution, high-speed camera for fast, accurate, and repeatable measurements
- Software-controlled tilt stage (for toggling between 0 and 8 degree angle)
- NIST traceable standards for calibration of system magnification and tilt stage
- No focusing required prior to scanning
- Analyse up to 72 fibres in one scan
- Supports 16/32 fibre MT product
- Measures MT-12 connector within 8 seconds
- Concise measurement result display, showing only which end face parameters, if any, have not passed
- Full scan information available on screen, as export to CSV file, in SQL database, or as a scan report
- 3D graphical representation of end face
- No vibration damping table required