The OP415 was designed to test 24-fibre MTP®/MPO cable assemblies efficiently, but it can easily be configured for 8-fibre and 12-fibre testing. It comes pre-loaded with 12-fibre and 24-fibre polarity types A, B, and C plus the ability to create and store custom fibre mappings and channel configurations. Alternatively, the OP415 can learn polarity types from existing cables and store those for future use.
- Test 24 fibre cables for polarity in 1.5 seconds
- Replaceable front panel cartridges for use with 16, 12, or 8 fibre MTP®/MPO configurations
- Test for polarity types A, B, C or custom configurations: (1) Simple Pass/Fail of predefined polarity type (2) or identify cable polarity type
- Learns polarity types from existing cables and stores your custom polarity for instant retrieval
- Visual Fault Finder with 24 individual bright red 650nm lasers help with visual channel recognition and routine
- Especially useful with round non-color-coded fibers; simply terminate one end and use the VFL feature to identify channels for second connector termination
- Power level display provides valuable feedback on the quality of the termination per channel
- Built-in memory stores results for later analysis
- Full colour touchscreen shows fibre mapping graphically for rapid production
OP415 Laser Sources, Red Visible Light 24 Optical Interface Source: SM MTP APC male Receive: MM MTP APC male Internal Fiber Source: 9/125μm Receive: 62.5/125μm Laser Wavelength 650nm Output Power (Typical) 1.0 mW Power Supply +9VDC 5A Data Interface USB 2.0 Dimensions 8.5” x 3.5” x 10” Test Time (24f) < 1.5s
OptoTest’s OP480MT MultiFibre Polarity Tester automates testing for broken and crossed fibres with immediate and easy-to-read results. When used in conjunction with the OP280MT Ribbon Visual Fault Locator, the OP480MT quickly displays results for many different ribbon configurations and channel counts including type A, B, C, and Universal. Additionally, it can be configured with a user-defined custom mapping via utility software.
Since it uses a non-contact method of testing, the OP480MT reduces the number of times a cable must be connected during production. With fast testing time and customizable configurations, it can greatly reduce major bottlenecks in the production process. Once connected, polarity and continuity are identified almost instantaneously.
The OP480MT and OP280MT are available individually or as part of a kit—the OP-POLARITYKIT-12—which will include the OP480MT, OP280MT, launch and receive optical cables for male and female, mating adapters, cleaning tools, software, portable power pack in a carrying case.
- Fully automated
- Tests up to 12 channels in under a second
- No physical contact during measurement
- Works with single mode & multimode cables
- Configurations to test multiple pinouts for 12 channel, 8 channel, and 4 channel cables, as well
as custom channel counts and mappings
- Charges via USB port
- Up to 90 hours of continuous use on a single charge
OP480MT Detection Modes Manual, Auto Detect* Auto Detected Polarities Type A,B,C, and Universal presets** plus
Optical Interface MTP/MPO APC male Internal Fiber 62.5µm Detector Relative Sensitivity at 650nm -30dB Compatible Source Wavelength Range 650nm to 1050nm Internal Battery Li-ion 900mAh Power Supply & Charge +5VDC 1A, fast charge Communication & Charge USB 2.0, charging up to 1A Dimensions 8.5” x 3.5” x 1.2” Weight 1.23lbs (0.56kg)
The OP280MT is designed to check for breaks in a ribbon fibre and to verify correct polarity of ribbon fibre connectors, hybrid cables and distribution boxes quickly and conveniently. Each of the twelve fibre is illuminated with bright 635nm red LASERs.
The Ribbon Fibre Visual Fault Locator can be used for single mode or multimode applications and is pre-programmed with various sequences for automatic or individual scanning of each fibre. User defined patterns can be programmed via the USB data port.
Note: Included with each OP280MT is a 30cm SAVer cable available in either male or female MTP connectors. This will help prevent the output interface from potential damage or premature replacement which can create significant downtime. The SAVer cable can simply be re-polished or reordered from Tech Optics whenever it becomes damaged.
- 12 Individual red LASERs; one per fibre
- Use for fault location at least one kilometer
- Internal rechargeable battery
- USB operation
- Programmable patterns for the various connection types
Laser Sources, red visible light
MTP/MPO APC male or female
Output Power (Typical)
0.50 mW into 9/125
Power Supply & Charge
+5VDC 1A, fast charge
Data Interface & Charge
USB 2.0, charging @100mA
8.5” x 3.5” x 1.2”