Return Loss & Insertion Loss Testing
Tech Optics offers a range of return loss and insertion loss test equipment in single channel, multichannel and bi-directional configurations. Contact us to discuss your application with our knowledgeable technical staff.
The OP940 system is an insertion loss (IL) and return loss (RL) meter that features a colour LCD screen, an optical reflectance scan mode, programmable pass/fail for editable test criteria and on screen context help. Additionally, the OP940 can measure return loss (RL) at two positions simultaneously through the front panel and it offers expandable functionality. As with our other IL/RL systems, the OP940 measures RL quickly and accurately without the need for mandrel wrapping or the use of index matching gel, and is available in Single Mode, Multimode, and FTTX variants.
- Fully automated, concurrent IL and RL displayed simultaneously
- Front panel optical reflectance trace
- Manually adjust RL reference position and value
- Measures RL at multiple connection points through the front panel
- Programmable pass/fail for multiple test criteria
- Various detector options for measuring simplex to multi-fibre connectors
- On screen help
- Configurable timer settings, such as dwell times
- User accessible source connector
- Colour display
- Intuitive operation
- Can be controlled remotely via USB
- Integrated temperature monitoring
- Convenient benchtop size
- Wide dynamic range for RL measurements:
- SM, FTTX: 10dB to 80dB
- MM: 10dB to 58dB
The OP725 is an optical switch for single mode or multimode applications available in a slim-line, half-rack enclosure. This optical switch is USB powered and incorporates the latest technology in high-speed switching. With high repeatability and low loss, the OP725 is ideally suited for bidirectional testing.
Paired with our OP940 Insertion & Return Loss Meter, operators can make quick work of measuring both ends of cables in a truly bidirectional manner.
The OP725 can be connected to the OP940 via USB to allow control of bidirectional switching via the OP940’s front panel controls or in OPL-PRO software.
It can also be used in more complex, multi-instrument configurations with other OptoTest instruments
(for example, an OP710) and OPL-MAX / OPL-LOG software.
- Fully automated, concurrent dual wavelength IL and RL measurements with no mandrel wrapping
- Bidirectional operation; measuring total insertion loss and individual return loss
- External power meter for uni-directional operation
- On-board, InGaAs optical power meter features measurement range reaching -65dBm
- Available in multimode and single mode
- Quad-wavelength (FTTX) single mode model also available upon request
- Controlled launch condition (underfill, fully filled, overfill) available for multimode fiber
- Wide dynamic range on return loss measurements: 10dB to 80dB for single mode 10dB to 58dB for multimode
- Can be controlled remotely via USB using OPL series software or OptoTest DLLs
- Integrated temperature monitoring
- Convenient benchtop size (19-inch rackmount frame available upon request)
The compact multichannel OP940 is an internally switched Insertion Loss (IL) and Return Loss (RL) meter designed for MPO/MTP® testing. With a design that reduces setup time, cost, risk, and footprint, the OP940-CSW is the evolution of the MPO/MTP® testing experience that is used worldwide by industry leaders. The fastest and most accurate IL and RL test system in the industry is better than ever.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
Simplified Test Setup
The compact multichannel OP940 measures quickly and accurately without the use of mandrels or index matching gel.
Fastest IL/RL Measurement
A 12 channel, dual wavelength, IL and RL test with the compact multichannel OP940 takes less than 40 seconds.
The compact design of the OP940-CSW significantly reduces time and cost. With an MPO/MTP® front panel interface, there is no need to use expensive fanout cables that over-complicate the cable setup. The reference and measurement processes are faster, more efficient, and less prone to error than ever before.
Most Accurate RL Measurement
The compact size of the OP940-CSW was achieved without compromising quality or accuracy. By making use of a wide dynamic range (SM, FTTX: -10dB to -80dB) for RL measurements, the OP940-CSW is able to adjust for attenuation in the reference setup, which results in the most accurate RL results in the industry.
(* MTP is a registered trademark of US Conec Ltd)
For further information please contact our expert team at email@example.com or +44(0)1732 770 456
The OP940-SW is a multichannel insertion loss (IL) and return loss (RL) meter designed for testing ribbon cables and multi-pin termini. It features a colour LCD screen, an optical reflectance scan mode, programmable pass/fail for editable test criteria and on screen context help. Additionally, the OP940 can measure return loss (RL) at two positions simultaneously through the front panel and it offers expandable functionality. As with our other IL/RL systems, the OP940 measures RL quickly and accurately without the need for mandrel wrapping or the use of index matching gel, and is available in Single Mode, Multimode, and FTTX variants.
By incorporating a high-quality MEMS optical switch, the OP940-SW is able to quickly and accurately test multichannel cables. It can be built with 4 and up to 24 channels and all source connectors are easily accessible to minimize downtime on high volume production lines in case of optical end-face damage.
- Measures Multi-fibre and Ribbon Cables in Seconds
- Produces All-In-One Cable Datasheet
- Front Panel Optical Reflectance Trace for each Channel
- Set Return Loss Reference Position and Value
- Measures Return Loss at Multiple Connection Points through the Front Panel
- Programmable Pass/Fail
- Expandable Functionality
- On Screen Help
- Configurable Timer Settings, such as Dwell Times
- User Accessible Source Connectors
- Easy to Use
- Single Mode, Multimode, FTTX
The mORL-A1 is a powerful, compact Insertion Loss and Optical Return Loss meter for use with the VIAVI advanced MAP-200 platform. One single-slot module contains up to four sources (1310, 1490, 1550, 1625 nm), integrated power meter and an optional 2x2 optical switch for automated bidirectional testing.
- Mandrel-free optical return loss measurements on fibre-optic patchcords as short as 70 cm with 80 dB dynamic range
- Fast, compact solution with 1310, 1490, 1550 and 1625 nm laser and automated bidirectional option in a single slot
- Measures ORL on terminated bulkheads
- Ultra high IL measurement accuracy with display resolution of ±0.001 dB
- Flexible turn-key software platform for manufacturing testing
- Quick measure mode for R&D users
- 12- and 24-fibre MT-ready with optical switch and integrating sphere option
- Designed for field maintenance