Tech Optics have been Amphenol Ltd. distributors since 1989 and have unrivalled experience and expertise in their range of ruggedized fibre optic connectors. Tech Optics offer the full range of components, cable assemblies, termination tools and training. Call us to discuss your application. +44(0)1732 770 466
The Fibre Optic Hermaphroditic range has been extended to include an additional product, the Hermaphroditic Duplex. This product has been specially designed to facilitate the interconnection of fibre optic cable assemblies, thus eliminating the need for polarising the assemblies and the use of in-line adapters.
- Lightweight, small design, outer diameter of coupling ring measures less than 22mm
- Low loss ceramic PC technology in multimode and singlemode
- Connector and insert environmentally sealed
- Fully hermaphroditic wipe clean bayonet mating mechanism
- Fully removable front receptacle shell, for cleaning whilst in-situ
- Plug backshell allows for the removal of the ferrule insert for ease of cleaning
- Choice of materials and plating
- High tension cable load capability
The Bayonet Duplex Connector (BDC) series offers proven connector construction with tri-mating bayonet locking mechanism for ease and quick mate / de-mate.
The connector is designed for singlemode or multimode duplex cable using tight jacket or tactical cable construction. Materials include aluminium alloy and marine bronze for defence, industrial, telecoms and offshore applications.
- Insertion loss -0.25dB @ 1300nm (typical)
- Plug, jamnut and 2 hole fixing receptacles available
- Protective caps for all connector styles
- Fully keyed and orientated shells
- Small one piece lightweight construction
- Proven pattern 105, size 10 design
- Factory terminated
The Duplex MFM is a high performance, lightweight connector, designed and developed specifically for the harsh environment.
- The MFM uses ceramic ferrule technology, with a ceramic alignment sleeve to reduce insertion loss
- Based on a Size 13 38999 Series III connector with keyway polarisation
- Simple termination of sub assembly due to one piece construction
- Both shells and ferrules are keyed for optimum repeatability
- Environmentally sealed when mated
- Simple termination procedure
- Interchangeable cable sub-assembly with other Amphenol product series
- Active variants available
The hermaphroditic duplex MFM connection system has been designed specifically to facilitate the interconnection of fibre optic cable assemblies, thus eliminating the need for polarising the assemblies and the use of in-line adapters.
- Hermaphroditic design
- Available in multi & singlemode
- PC ceramic ferrule
- One piece monobloc
- Active reverse mount jam nut
- Material: Nickel Aluminium Bronze
Tech Optics offer a MIL-PRF-83526/20 & /21 qualified expanded beam rugged fibre optic connector for military and industrial applications. Expanded beam technology expands and collimates the optical signal through the connector interface path resulting in a diameter many times that of the original beam. The optical beam is then refocused into the core of the receiving fibre. The larger beam diameter improves insertion loss performance in the presence of dust and debris. Also, because the lenses do not physically contact, there is no wear on the termini, which allows the connector to be mated and demated thousands of times without affecting optical performance.
The TACBeam® is hermaphroditic, which facilitates the concatenation of multiple cable assemblies to support varying distance requirements. The connector is available in both single mode and multimode versions, can be configured to support one to four fibre optic channels using a common insert and has been designed to accept a wide variety of cables to suit any application.
- MIL-PRF-83526/20 & /21 qualified expanded beam rugged fibre optic connector for military and industrial applications.
- Hermaphroditic, 2 or 4 channel
- Supports both multimode and single mode fibre
- Expanded beam technology is less susceptible to dust and debris
- Monolithic insert design facilitates cleaning
- Hermaphroditic design enables daisy-chaining of cable assemblies to support varying distances
- Non-contacting interface allows thousands of mating cycles