Tech Optics offer a MIL-PRF-83526/20 & /21 qualified expanded beam rugged fibre optic connector for military and industrial applications. Expanded beam technology expands and collimates the optical signal through the connector interface path resulting in a diameter many times that of the original beam. The optical beam is then refocused into the core of the receiving fibre. The larger beam diameter improves insertion loss performance in the presence of dust and debris. Also, because the lenses do not physically contact, there is no wear on the termini, which allows the connector to be mated and demated thousands of times without affecting optical performance.
The TACBeam® is hermaphroditic, which facilitates the concatenation of multiple cable assemblies to support varying distance requirements. The connector is available in both single mode and multimode versions, can be configured to support one to four fibre optic channels using a common insert and has been designed to accept a wide variety of cables to suit any application.
- MIL-PRF-83526/20 & /21 qualified expanded beam rugged fibre optic connector for military and industrial applications.
- Hermaphroditic, 2 or 4 channel
- Supports both multimode and single mode fibre
- Expanded beam technology is less susceptible to dust and debris
- Monolithic insert design facilitates cleaning
- Hermaphroditic design enables daisy-chaining of cable assemblies to support varying distances
- Non-contacting interface allows thousands of mating cycles